How to understand your life partner? It’s difficult for everyone because without understanding your life partner you cannot continue your successful relationship with your life partner. Everyone has to understand their life partners, everyone has to support their life partners in a critical situation then you will be able to continue your relationship with your partner otherwise not.
Your life partner is that person whom you have committed to sharing the rest of your life with. Today, many relationships in this regard have gone sour simply because they know each other just on the surface. That means they never took time to get to understand who their life partners really are as individuals. Concentrating on physical appearances, material possessions, financial will being, fame or power can be very ephemeral and deceiving, and can rock the ship of relationships in a flash.
You need to follow Six ways by which you can easily understand your life partner:
1) Verbal communication, 2) Empathetic listening, 3), Openness
4) Body language, 5) Ask, 6) Tell.
1) Verbal Communication: Communication is a two-way street. You talk, I respond. You talk, I talk. William Shakespeare says: “There is no art to find the mind’s construction in the face. It is through communication that you can start to begin to understand each other. It is a world of giving and take.” Everyone has to give a time to their life partners for communication.
2) Empathetic listening: Everyone knows that empathetic listening is very important, listening is much more than hearing verbal sounds. In listening, you want to grab the meaning behind the words so you can respond or react appropriately. In listening, you can make eye contacts. If you don’t listen really well, you can talk out of point. You can convey a message you never intended. Empathetic listening promotes understanding and ultimately relationships.
3) Openness: To be open to your partner is to confide in her/him. It is to be able to talk about every aspect of yourself without fear of rejection or castigation. Openness means tell the truth to your partner about yourself irrespective of what her/his reaction or action will be. You would have nothing to hide. This will definitely bring about understanding.
4) Body language: Body language means non-verbal, usually unconscious communication through facial expressions, postures, gestures and so on. You need to take interest in your life partner and by so doing; you will be able to figure out those unexpressed concerns. This is a communication that is not expressed but very vital. Look at his/her face, and into his/her eyes and you discover to your chagrin that he or she is ‘speaking’ volume.
5) Ask: The scripture says: ask and you shall be given. To understand your partner, ask. If there is any aspect of his/her life that you don’t understand, find out by asking open-ended questions. Through honest answers, you will get to know her/him better. If you have any doubt and can remove it by asking from your life partner.
6) Tell Volunteer on certain occasions to tell your partners the story of your life. You have shared and you are still sharing a lot in common. By so doing, she/he will be understanding you better. It’s only better that you understand each other better. Divorce, in the recent years, has gone on the increase. And that is because life partners are not patient to study each other’s lives.